12/6/11

An Invitation


I recently received an email from Jim Thomas, Gallery Director at Sautee Nacoochee Center in North Georgia. In it he said he stumbled upon my website and liked my work. Well, my first reaction was to "Delete" the email as a scamer wanting money, or whatever.

I kept reading, though, and am glad I did. It turns out he's for real, and he offered me an invitation to show my work at Sautee Nacoochee as one of their invited artists for 2012. We emailed back and forth several times to get dates and details straight, and we ended with us both marking November and December on our respective calendars as my show date.

Artists spend a lot of time researching shows and locations for their work, then even more time contacting, begging negotiating an opportunity to show, participate, sell, or otherwise get their work out there. It's so nice, every once in a while, to get asked.

I got asked.

No comments:

Post a Comment