5/7/12

Paintings That Work Well Together or Alone

I recently completed these four paintings:
A Real Charmer
Baby Steps
Little Lady
Peaceful Moment
These paintings were requested by someone who had bought a similar painting I had at the gallery. He decided he could use a few more to create a grouping. They are all small, and perfectly suited to arrange in a variety of ways. They can fill a small or large space that is vertical, horizontal, or square.

I know it sounds simple, but I had to think about what to do to make all the paintings strong enough to stand on their own while similar enough to work well as a unified group.

To do that I made several decisions to achieve that goal:

  • All the horses are standing.
  • They are all approximately the same size on the canvas.
  • The backgrounds are similar, using neutral colors and little detail.
  • Each painting is the same size.

When I get a picture of the grouping in their new home I'll post it.

No comments:

Post a Comment