9/28/11

My New Adventure

"Six Weeks" 12x12", Oil on Gallery Wrap Canvas

I have recently joined a group of artists from around the country (actually the world!) who paint every day. Then they post their new works on the Internet as part of Contemporary Fine Art International.

Most paintings are small, averaging 5x7" to 11x14", so the price of each piece remains low. I love this idea because I think folks are becoming more comfortable shopping online for all sorts of things. Why not art?

The Internet has made it possible to find things that would have been impossible just a few years ago. I am excited to think that I can reach people all over the world by doing this.

This is not to say I've taken work out of the galleries with which I am associated. Uh uh! This is in addition to the galleries that have supported me. Also, I still think retail galleries are a better place for my larger paintings.

So, there you have it.
_____________
I'll keep you posted!
Cathy

No comments:

Post a Comment