8/25/11

Fourth Time Is The Charm

My Paintings At Weinberger's
Why was it so easy this time? Frame it, load it in the car, drive over. Check, check, check. Don't forget the bio sheet, list of paintings, business cards, card holder, marker. Done.  Bring the camera, too. Then I realized, this isn't my first rodeo, er, art show at Weinberger's. It's actually my fourth. No wonder I have the set-up so organized.

Weinberger's Furniture is a family owned store at Lake Oconee that is chock FULL of every style of furniture you could want. I personally have to spend a few minutes in the Stickley section each time I go in, but there is everything from those simple lines to as ornate as you can imagine, with everything in between. And such nice folks that work there. Where else could I put my work where the owner, Elaine Weinberger, personally helps me arrange and label my work?! I enjoy having my paintings there because they are shown in an interior environment, giving viewers a glimpse of what they might look like in their own home. Perfect!
I Love this on a table!
This year I'm featuring small works, all framed to look great on a wall or a tabletop. They will be there 'til mid-September. Weinberger's is located on Linger Longer Rd (now Commerce Dr.), across from BankSouth and Publix, at Lake Oconee.

Meanwhile, I'm working on new pieces to take to Watson Gallery in Atlanta in a few weeks. Larger works for the big city!

I'll keep you posted!
-- Cathy

No comments:

Post a Comment