11/29/09

On The Cover Of Southern Distinction Magazine


Southern Distinction Magazine, December, 2009
It's not often an artist gets to say her art graces the cover of a magazine, so I feel fortunate to be able to make that claim for myself. Southern Distinction has such a great reputation in the Lake Oconee area as the premier magazine, so to be on the cover feels wonderful. There is an article about Art of Oconee in the magazine as well, that shows more of my paintings, so I'm even more thrilled at the recognition. I think this is one of the most complimentary "nods" I have gotten in the 15 or so years I've been painting professionally. I always notice the covers of this particular magazine, but never even considered the possibility... and then it just happened. Wow. Thank you, Cindy, and thanks also to Bryan for taking such a great photograph of the painting. It is pretty big, 36"x36", and that is not an easy size to photograph clearly. Now that you've put me on the cover, I think you've set that bar just a little higher for me. I look forward to the challenge!

No comments:

Post a Comment